Monday, June 18, 2012
Blog #24: My New Trek Series Premise
As I write this it is my hope someone involved in the creation of the new Trek series will read this idea and (hopefully) use it. My idea for a new series is this:
Star Trek: Light In Darkness
*Assuming it is filmed for a fall 2013 release it would be set in the 24th century in 'real time' taking place 12 years after the end of Star Trek: Voyager, 11 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis and after the destruction of Romulus as depicted in the 2009 'Star Trek' reboot film. The year would be approximately 2390.
Events prior to start of series:
- Chancellor Martok was assassinated by his son Drex in personal combat following Martoks refusal to invade the Romulan Empire following the destruction of their homeworld and moon Remus, thepower base of the entire Romulan Empire (Star Trek, 2009 film). Chancellor Drex ignores the urging of the Federation council to not attack the Romulans, he dissolves the Khitomer Accords and once again the Klingon Empire and the Federation are enemies. Drex leads his fleet into Romulan space and what is left of the Romulan Empire is on the run from the Klingons.
- Thomas Riker spent the better part 15 years as a prisoner of the Romulans, prior to his rescue following the collapse of the Romulan Empire. In 2372 he was taken prisoner by the Cardassian military, but his custody was quickly transferred to the Cardassian Obsidian Order, who at that time had an alliance with the Romulan Tal'shiar who asked for Thomas Riker and was given custody of him. Riker was to be used in a brainwashing plot but the plot was abandoned and Riker was left forgotten to rot in a Romulan prison. Riker was liberated following the Romulan Empire collapse and after a year of intense physical and mental rehab he was re-instated into Starfleet's Military Section and given the rank of General. With his intense knowledge of the inner workings of the Romulans he accepted a position withStarfleet Intelligence.
- Deep Space Nine reports strange fleet activities by the Dominion in the Gamma Quadrant. The Dominion do not respond to commication attempts by the Federation and it would seem they may be gearing for war again. No one knows what has become of Odo.
- Section 31 and the official Starfleet Intelligence are systematically destroyed by a series of explosions over most of their installations with all evidence pointing to shapeshifters being responsible.
- The remnants of the Romulan military have gone into hiding as they were overwhelmed by the Klingon Invasion force.
- Admiral Janeway with the assistance of Captain Worf are teamed with putting together a new Starfleet Intelligence task force, codenamed 'Section 32'.
See you next time!