Blog #7: TNG EXPOsed!!

Menage a Troi? Who wouldn't??


(Update from Blog #5: TNG Reunion In Calgary)

The official press release from the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo:
Star Trek TNG EXPOsed will be the only opportunity to see the nine cast members together - Sir Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Gates McFadden, Wil Wheaton and Denise Crosby, on stage together for the first time in more than two decades.
Included in the evening's program, which will be hosted by the Calgary Expo's mascot Emily Expo, is a 90 minute panel discussion and Q n' A session moderated by InnerSPACE stars Teddy Wilson, Cynthia Loyst, and Ajay Fry, music by Johnny Summers Little Big Band and a video presentation in honour of the cast of TNG. Doors will be at 6 PM and the programming will begin at 7 PM.
Well it is now official: I have my ticket to the show bought and paid for. I have a floor seat, Row 25!!! I couldn't be more excited! My wife will also be at the con but she is not a Trek fan so she did not want to come to the show. But that is OK, I'll be too focused on the Trek TNG cast on stage anyway. Last year was my first year attending the Calgary Expo and I had already made plans to attend the con this year anyway BEFORE this TNG Reunion was announced. What an amazing opportunity for a Trek fan from the Canadian Prairies to meet his idols!! Anyway I couldn't be more excited at this point. In past Trek and Comic con's I have met a few of the TNG cast already: Jonathan Frakes. Levar Burton. Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis. This year I am hoping to get a photo op with Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner and Wil Wheaton. I'll probably just get autographs from the other TNG cast members I have not met. I'm also looking forward to the InnerSPACE hosts moderating the show. I met Ajay and Teddy last year at the Calgary Expo and they couldn't have been nicer. For those of you who do not live in the great white north 'InnerSPACE' is a weekday Geek info show which airs on our 'Space' channel in Canada.
Anyway there will be more updates as the show approaches. And eventually I'll get to blogging about other Trek besides TNG, but with the 25th Anniversary of TNG being this year there is a lot to talk about. Well that's all I have for now, see you in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New podcast episodes!!

Blog #11: TNG Seasons 3,4 & 5

Blog #36: Pop Culture Eraser